3.31.2011

Salvaged Table: Before and After


Walking home from the gym one day, I came upon this cute side table that someone had placed by the curb.  I almost passed it by, but then decided to suss it out.  It was sturdy, made of real wood, and functional.  Both sides fold down if you prefer a smaller table top.  It looked like the previous owner had tried to whitewash the top of it and, unhappy with the results, had given up.  I decided this table had potential and I carted it home.

I wasn't sure exactly where I wanted the table to end up, but I knew that I wanted to paint it a bright, sunny yellow color (perhaps to counteract the rainy days of March we were having?).  I chose Egg Yolk, an Olympic color in a semi-gloss.  The painting phase spanned a weekend as the wood just didn't want to be covered up (admittedly, I forgot to sand the table before starting to paint, which made the job harder).

I'm pleased with the results of this bright little table that now graces our entryway!  It's the perfect place to deposit mail and other items when we get home at the end of the day.


1 comment:

  1. That turned out great! Wish my neighbors would leave out something with as much potential! - Karie

    ReplyDelete