3.13.2011

Twin Peaks

Today on the way out of town, we took a scenic route through the city, up and over Twin Peaks.  We've only gone this way a few times, and never all the way up to the top before, so today we stopped.  Wow!  The views are amazing.  I'm used to the splendorous 360-degree views from Bernal Hill, and these were just as good, but a welcome change of perspective.  It was cloudy, and I can only imagine how beautiful it is on a sunny day.


We could see all the way to the bay looking down Market (the large street you can see above).  You can actually just make out the spire of the Ferry Building at the end of Market.


It's wildflower season on all SF hills, Twin Peaks included.  I also saw wild poppies in both yellow and orange.


Remedy for a cloudy day?  A red fedora, of course.


Who knew there was a reservoir on top of Twin Peaks?  I sure didn't.  All of these "hills" are a lot more formidable (and developed) than I thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment