3.09.2011

Thrift Store Score

Last weekend Pescadero's tiny thrift store yielded this dress, which magically happened to be in my size and come with a very manageable $12 price tag:


Now, looking at this dress, doesn't it scream "vintage"?  Yes.  Yes, it does.  From the waistline to the pleats to the fabric to the cowl/scoop neck, it has vintage written all over it.  But when I went looking for the assumed vintage tag, instead I found one from David's Bridal.  I guess this must have been sold as a bridesmaid's dress.  Either way, I love it!  {And I will be passing it off as vintage when I wear it out on the town.}


Speaking of which, were I to wear this dress out for a nice dinner or to a party, I'd pair it with black tights, black booties, and a cardigan of some sort (since it never gets warm enough here to bare your shoulders).  


2 comments:

  1. I knew that dress looked familiar! It's gotta be one of the cutest dresses that Davids Bridal has ever had. Nice score for $12, how do you get so lucky?!
    -karie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelly, I knew I've seen that dress before! I'm the MOH of a wedding in July and saw it when we were perusing David's Bridal (nearly every bride in the midwest uses DB). It's seriously beautiful, and very stylish, great find!

    ReplyDelete