1.19.2010

Skywalk

I saw this old skywalk between Market and Mission downtown on Saturday. I risked the stares of a few men who live in the nearby rent-by-the-week hotels in order to take a picture. I'd like to know which department store owned this lovely skybridge and who owns it now. Looking down the street, we could see someone moving around in front of the skywalk's windows. How cool would it be to live on a skywalk?

On second thought, NOT A GOOD IDEA when you live in an earthquake zone.

3 comments:

  1. Oh! I love this! Minneapolis is the land of skywalks, but this one is so much more charming (and misplaced)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm also curious in skybridge #2, which looks a bit more precarious than #1.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a bit of a misfit skybridge, isn't it?

    Yeah, the second one looks more like some kind of scary chute. One bad move and they'll send you down it.

    ReplyDelete