1.17.2010

Chocolate peanut butter cake



Months ago Cole started hinting around that she wanted me to make this cake for her birthday. Yesterday I tried my hand at it. It's a really, really good recipe and for the first time ever, I actually had frosting left over after covering the layers. Any ideas on what to do with a cup of peanut butter cream cheese frosting besides snitching a taste or two every time you visit the kitchen?

The cake itself is really moist, due to the cup of sour cream you add, I think. The peanut butter frosting has just the right amount of cream cheese in it to add a bit of tanginess. And the ganache is a chocolate/peanut butter mix.

I agree with the recipe in that this cake is best enjoyed in extremely thin slices. Our friends all liked it last night but there's so much left that we could have another party!


1 comment:

  1. WANT!
    Oh, this cake is SO GOOD! I'm going to go stare at it in the fridge again...

    ReplyDelete