1.21.2010

"I can't stand the raaaaaain!"

{channelling Tina Turner}...except I CAN because I get to wear these.


galoshes, originally uploaded by kelly_shira.

My first ever pair of galoshes! It should come as no surprise that I never had any growing up in Phoenix. The only time you'd need them there is during monsoon season, when wearing rubber boots in 100 degree heat and high humidity would be torture. Ironically, I could have used galoshes in Flagstaff in the winter, but I don't remember ever seeing any that didn't offend my fashion sensibilities.

But cute galoshes are *all over* San Francisco. My polka dot boots are in good company with Burberry plaids, hunters' checks, colorful stripes, and of course, the navy blue L.L. Bean classic.

Best of all, these galoshes make me want to rampage through puddles like a little kid. I could, too, and my feet would be warm and dry.

Day 7 of rain today. As exciting as the wet weather is to a Phoenix transplant, I hope--no, NEED--it to clear up this weekend. I'm spiriting Cole away for a surprise birthday weekend and the rain may severely compromise my plans. Come on, sun!

Good rainy day music: Fleet Foxes.

No comments:

Post a Comment