4.09.2011

Style Rivalry: April 2011

In a blatant ripoff of this series, I'll regularly be posting photos of my sisters and me (and, on occasion, my stylish niece!) illustrating outfits we've put together for life in Tucson, Peoria, and San Francisco, respectively.  Here goes!

Samantha is a second-year medical student living in Tucson, cooking up gourmet meals, and frequently turning up for dive bar book club.  The following outfit recently carried her through a lovely weekend, Day 1 of which was spent hanging out at a courtyard BBQ and then dancing at Festival en el Barrio Viejo.  On Day 2 of this outfit, Samantha went to breakfast at a local cafe and then took a leisurely drive through Tucson's historic neighborhoods.  {I love the way she added the unexpected white button down to this maxi dress, and knotting it made it look so cute.}




{Frye sandals, Target dress, H&M button down, earrings from Nicaraguan street vendor}


Karie is a NICU nurse living in Peoria who is enjoying maternity leave with her new daughter Charlee, likes any sort of design show, and is always up for scouring the Target endcaps.  She cooked up this outfit to comfortably take her through a lot of cuddling, feeding, and diaper changes, as well as hemming new white curtains for her living room (which look great, by the way) and having dinner with her husband.  Props to Karie for being a new mom and sleep deprived and still managing to look beautiful!  {Charlee is looking quite the stylish baby as well, in her pink and white getup with matching headband!}



{on Karie: top: Motherhood; jeans: Kohls; sandals: Dillards; earrings: Anthropologie}
{on Charlotte: Old Navy onesie}


I am a lawyer, part-time library science student, frequent crafter, and one of San Francisco's biggest fans.  I recently wore this outfit to work in the Financial District and then to do some errands on the way home, traversing the city on Muni and BART.  These Jessica Simpson flats from Dillard's in Arizona are surprisingly comfortable, even with their slight heel.  I've already worn the heels down once; my man J.J. on Mission reheeled them and they're good as new.




{Blouse: I Heart Ronson; skirt: Banana Republic; belt: Anthropologie; flats: Jessica Simpson; earrings: Anthropologie; glasses: Dior}


Do you have a favorite outfit or piece of clothing that just makes you feel good every time you wear it?  I definitely have go-to pieces--my Gap straight leg jeans, a navy cardigan, and those brown flats you see above.  I kind of have to stop myself from wearing them all too often.

1 comment:

  1. oh those stylish-shiras! their outfits always garner compliments wherever they go!

    ReplyDelete