4.21.2011

Butcher Paper Wreath

Last weekend I got a wild hair and wanted to try out a new craft.  This butcher paper wreath required nothing more than a wreath form, some butcher paper, and hot glue.  Plus it was fun to make!


Since it's monotone, I knew it needed to be hung on a painted wall to reach maximum potential.  Our bedroom proved to be just the place for it.


Before finishing it, I made a loop out of ribbon and hot glued that to the back of the wreath for a hook.  I then attached it to the wall with a tack.  Voila!  Hanging this was easy since it's so light.


I used so little of the $3.99 roll of butcher paper that I purchased that I could probably churn out dozens more of these.  I'd actually like to make a couple of larger ones and hang them together in a collection.




Here's how the wall looks now.  Note my previous project, the sleep masks, hanging from our lamps.  We've both tried them out now and they definitely do the trick.  Cole's came out looking kind of like E.T., which is a bit creepy.  Nothing like having huge felt eyes staring at you when you wake up in the morning!

*Apologies for the less than awesome lighting--it was raining yesterday evening and kind of dark when I took these photos.

2 comments:

  1. The wreath is beautiful! I wonder if those sleeping masks will find their way into a Christmas stocking this year... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. sam, you may be psychic, but keep it on the DL.

    ReplyDelete