5.28.2010

Memorial Day Weekend: To Do

Three days off in a row...and I have grand plans.

First, I'll be starting the weekend off right by going to see Sex and the City 2 with Cole and Tara.  I know it'll be formulaic and over the top, but I could use some escapist movie fare right now.  We plan to queue up an hour early at the awesome theatre on Van Ness and treat ourselves to some takeout in line.

Saturday morning will be filled with our usual trip to the farmers market, where I'll probably eye the orchid plants as I have been for the past couple of months.  I'm gearing up to try my hand at one again.
I want to check out some plant nurseries around us this weekend.  All through our neighborhood, I've been seeing the most beautiful geraniums and I think our front entryway could use some pops of bright pink or red flowers.  I have some repotting to do with existing plants and succulents too, so I'll have plenty of reasons to get my hands dirty.




At the top of my list of nurseries to visit is Flora Grubb, a well known garden shop in the Bayview neighborhood.  Not only have I been wanting to go there to check out their wall gardens, I haven't really ventured into the Bayview at all.  New things to see!  And best done during daylight hours...this neighborhood is rumored to be sketchy.  I'd like to see it for myself.

On Saturday night, we're going to game night at a friend's house in Noe Valley and then heading over to the Oakland airport to pick up a friend who's coming in from Minneapolis to spend the summer here.

Did I already say that the weather is supposed to be perfect this weekend?  We've had rain and thunderstorms on and off all this week and are way overdue for a nice stretch of warm, sunny days.  Preferably without wind.  I'm hoping to break out flip flops and a sundress...or at least leave home without a coat.
Sunday:  I have been promised EPIC breakfasts by Cole this weekend.  Since we usually grab something to eat at the farmers market on Saturdays, I'm hoping that she busts out with something special on Sunday...while I lay in bed trying to sleep in :)

On Sunday afternoon, we'll amble up the hill to Cortland to meet friends for drinks in the back garden of Wild Side West.  Weather, please stay warm so we can enjoy being outside.

On Monday, 4 years ago, Cole and I had our first date.  We're celebrating with afternoon tea at the Laurel Court in the Fairmont Hotel.  I can't wait!  I think she's excited about this too.

Hope everyone has a great weekend and enjoys much deserved time away from work!

1 comment:

  1. some hits, some misses, but overall, an excellent long weekend!

    ReplyDelete