5.27.2010

Go Humans Go*

I loooove oatmeal, whether rolled or steel cut, with or without milk, mixed with fruit or honey or brown sugar...or not.  So you better believe that next time I go to Portland, I will swing by Bloop:

[Photograph: bloopoatmeal.blogspot.com]
Oatmeal aficionados can find this lovely cart stationed at SW 3rd and Washington on weekdays from 7 a.m. to 10 a.m. 

Even though I have been making oatmeal for myself at least a couple times a week for the past oh, say, 7 years or so, it just tastes especially delicious when you get at a good breakfast spot.  Preferably with a sidecar of fresh milk, raisins, and brown sugar.

*The Quaker Oats motto, for those not in the know.

3 comments:

  1. You are so far off base- RICE rules! I do like their motto though, kind of like Nike for food? -Bill

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dad, maybe Portland has a rice cart where you could sample breakfast rice to your heart's content. I have to admit, rice with milk and raisins in the morning is pretty darn hard to beat...

    ReplyDelete