4.02.2010

Such Great Heights

Yesterday after work I walked (no, actually hiked) up to the top of Bernal Hill from our apartment.  I'd been up there once before but hadn't explored much.  Like most San Francisco parks, Bernal Heights Park is naturally beautiful.  All of the different wildflowers and succulents on the way to, inside, and from the park sidetracked me and I was wishing I was better at identifying them.  I would have loved to have been a botanist.  Or a linguist.  Because I love plants and languages.  But I digress.

Here's a photo tour of Bernal Heights Park, on a chilly, windy day!

A garden at the base of hill before you go up to the park.

Looking the other way from the garden towards the park.

Not at the top of the hill yet, but looking southeast towards the bay.

The view of downtown San Francisco.  You can just make out the Bay Bridge at the upper right.

Um, a park wouldn't be a park without some graffiti.

Looking toward our old neighborhood and the Golden Gate Bridge.




Shaded stairs.

Looking towards the top of the park.

Big hair after being out in the wind for an hour.

A garden on the way home.  I love poppies!

4 comments:

  1. but where's all the dogs? They're my favorite thing about that park.

    Love the poppies too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome pics, love! makes me want to run up there today:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. There were TONS of dogs, so I'm surprised that none of them scampered into one of my pictures! My favorite was a sweet, chubby black lab that befriended me. We should bring Cowboy up for a walk!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Laura, we went yesterday and the place was FILTHY with dogs! It was crazy!

    ReplyDelete