4.09.2010

Ode to Mustard

Over the past six months or so I've developed an ever-growing affinity for mustard yellow, well, anything.  And although I've amassed a variety of mustardy accessories and clothes, I have yet to integrate this wonderful color into a paint scheme in the apartment.  White walls, beware.

Might I also add that I've become somewhat of a connoisseur of the condiment itself?  I've always preferred mustard over that dastardly red sauce called ketchup, but lately I just can't get enough of the yellow condiment.  Though I love trying new types and flavors, I always seem to gravitate back towards my very favorite, spicy brown.

I was ordered to be dressed up and ready to go on a surprise date last night, so I chose my newest Anthropologie dress, mustard tights, and black heels.  It turned out that we were going to the San Francisco Ballet!  The whole night was wonderful...seeing the SF Opera House was amazing, with all of its ornate decor and lushness, and the ballet program was comprised of three totally different and unique acts:  one classical, the Haffner Symphony; one entirely modern, called Underskin; and Russian Seasons, a dance that fell somewhere between classical and modern but used color and music so uniquely. 

Watching the other attendees and their fashion choices was also a feast for the eyes.  I feel pretty cultured right about now.

1 comment: