4.06.2010

Settling In


As of Saturday, we've lived in our new apartment for two weeks and I finally feel like we've settled in.  Meaning that most of my major projects have been accomplished, like painting the kitchen, bathrooms, and our bedroom and finding the perfect place for all of the furniture.  True to form, however, I already have a new list of projects forming in my head.  Now, if work could just stop getting in the way of my project time.

Upcoming projects include:
--Planning out and putting up our hallway photo wall.  I've assembled all of the frames and am planning on black and white photos as a unifying element.
--Reupholstering the dining chairs.  I've had the fabric for a month or two; I just need to find the time to start on this.
--Organizing and putting the finishing touches on the sunroom/craft room.  With luck, we'll get Cole a desk this week and everything will fall into place from there.
--Sewing a sink curtain for the bathroom and cafe curtains for the kitchen.  This is really a project for Cole and her sewing machine, but I picked out the fabric :)
--Potting and repotting lots of plants.  Our front steps are just begging for more greenery and succulents abound in our new neighborhood!  Free cuttings everywhere...
--Formulating a plan for our rooftop deck, hopefully with the help of our neighbors, who also love plants.  I've been fantasizing about growing vegetables up there and getting into beekeeping!  Our sunny roof is the perfect place for this.

No comments:

Post a Comment