2.18.2010

Saturday

Who:  Kelly & Cole
What:  Morning walk to the Bagdad Cafe for breakfast
When:  2/13/10 at 8:45 am
Where:  Western Addition to the Castro
Why:  Why the heck not?

One of my favorite things in life is going to breakfast on the weekend.  Ever since my second or third trip to San Francisco, I'd been wanting to go to the Bagdad Cafe on Market.  So last Saturday, on a stormy, foggy morning that eventually turned sunny, Cole and I walked over there for delicious omelettes.  We sat right in the corner window, reading the newspaper and watching a parade of early-morning Castro residents go by.  Plus two friendly guys setting up the green flower cart on the corner, pulling bucket after bucket of fresh flowers out of their van.  Plus a homeless man creating a suspicious sandwich out of old bread and Cup O' Noodles, but I won't go into the details of that.

On our walk back home, we had to get some pictures of these garish periwinkle lions that adorn an old Victorian.  This is Reason # 1,467,891 that I love this city!


2 comments: