2.03.2010

Admission

On Sunday night, I did my taxes myself for the first time and I enjoyed it.  Immensely.  The extremely nerdy/organized/OCD side of me that relishes inputting numbers, referring to neatly stacked piles of supporting documentation, and dotting every i and crossing every t had a field day.  I can't believe I've been paying an accountant since 1996 to do this when I could have been treating myself to such unbridled fun.

I am getting a healthy refund from both the feds and the great state of California this year, which I'm sure has a lot to do with my ever-increasing level of glee last night.  And after consulting with Cole  via a flurry of emails, I have decided to put part of my refund towards a beautiful, midcentury modern sofa in a soft pear color.

Red couch, you've been awfully good to me over the past 5 years.  Let's try to find you a new home, shall we?

1 comment:

  1. It's really wonderful that you take such joy in the taxes -- I just worked on my bits and found it a bit of a slog, not horrid, just, ugh.... Just one more reason we're so compatible, baby!

    ReplyDelete