2.09.2010

Baker Beach



We've been scouting out potential neighborhoods for our next apartment.  Last Saturday, we took a marathon trip around the city looking at various areas, and ultimately ended up at Baker Beach on the northwest edge of the city.  It's actually part of the Presidio and I am very tempted to try to live there.  Up on a hill overlooking the beach is a group of 1960s apartments.  The Presidio Trust would be our landlord.  If we moved into the Baker Beach apartments, wouldn't I just have to march up to the Trust, tell them that I now live in the Presidio, and sweetly demand that they go ahead and hire me?

We took a walk on Baker Beach and it was stunning.  I had never seen the Golden Gate Bridge from this angle before and the waves were really pounding the sand. 


Yes, that's Cole playing with a piece of debris (I think it's a partially-burned Christmas tree) on the beach.  Other interesting sights on the beach that day included two naked men (one was lounging in a chair, reading a book), lots of dogs, a cruise ship passing under the bridge, a dad and his son playing baseball, three hipsters crashed out on a nappy blanket, and some people making rock sculptures.

This picture of the Baker Beach steps is my favorite.  People run up and down these for a good workout.  I'm pretty sure you'd have glutes of steel if you did that on a regular basis.

I want to go back to Baker Beach for a nighttime bonfire!

2 comments:

  1. We need to hit the other beaches up there too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I vote for a Bay to Breakers bonfire extravaganza!

    ReplyDelete