8.15.2010

Stocking Up

We eat so much more fresh produce now than we did when we lived in Arizona.  I think we're finally getting the knack of just how much we need to buy each Saturday morning at the farmers market to last the week.  

This is how our fridge typically looks on a Friday night:


Pretty sad, all around.  I mean, what can you make with some ginger ale, almond butter, mint and a grapefruit?

This is how the fridge looks on Saturday morning, post-market:


Lately the market has had two of my FAVORITE things:  heirloom tomatoes and peaches.  We've been buying loads of them.  This week we bought five pounds of peaches in order to do a second batch of the ridiculously tasty ginger peach jam we made last weekend.  That'll take three pounds; the remaining two are basically for me.  I recently declared the peach my favorite fruit and I like to eat at least one a day, preferably mixed in with my morning oatmeal.  It's easily one of the most delicious and satisfying dishes EVER.

1 comment:

  1. I've been eating quite a few peaches lately too, and nectarines. Tho I'd venture to say they are probably not quite as tasty as the fresh ones you've been getting.

    ReplyDelete