8.23.2010

Moon Rising Over the Bay


I just took a break from jam making on this Monday evening and noticed the moon rising over the tops of the houses, the freeways, and the bay.  This is looking out one of our dining room windows, on an evening that followed one of the nicest days we've had all year.  It dawned bright and sunny and clear, with no trace of fog in the sky.  It got up to about 85 degrees, with the slightest balmy breeze blowing in from the ocean.  All over the city, jackets were discarded in favor of sundresses and shorts and sandals and flip flops.  This I know because Cole and I celebrated the weather with a drink at The Grove on Fillmore, where we sat outside in the sun.


I love a good full moon like this one.  It's now high in the sky, over all of the twinkling lights of the neighborhoods to the southeast.  And I am going back to making jam and listening to Phoenix and enjoying having all of our windows open tonight.

I might even wear a dress to work tomorrow.  CRAZY!

[If this post mystifies you, it's probably because you don't live in a place where June-August are the coldest, greyest months of the year.  Trust me, a sunny, warm day right now is cause for major celebration.]

[This type of post is exactly why I'd like a decent camera.  My little Kodak point-and-shoot doesn't even come close to capturing what it really looked like outside the window.  The sky was about a million different colors, each fading into the next, and the moon is so bright you can see that it really does look like cheese.]

No comments:

Post a Comment