11.10.2010

Spiced Up Brownies


For book club this week, I whipped up some Spiced Up Brownies, recipe courtesy of Smitten Kitchen.  It was a great excuse to use some of the Mayan Cocoa that Eileen brought for us when she visited in July.  That stuff makes fabulous spiced hot cocoa, so I was excited to try it in baked goods.

Oh man, these brownies did not disappoint!  I wouldn't change a thing about the recipe--just one part of my execution of it.  I really need a real double boiler, or at least a large glass or stainless steel bowl for the top part of a makeshift double boiler.  Last night, I was working with a rather small glass bowl over a smallish saucepan, and it made for some awkward whisking once I added sugar and eggs to my melted spiced chocolate mixture.

That was the only hiccup, though.  These babies are tasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment