3.16.2012

Easter Bunnies


One of the reasons I always loved Easter as a kid was due to a tradition that my mom started.  Nestled in each of our Easter baskets, amid the Peeps, colored eggs, and chocolate bunny, would be a special bunny for each of our collections.  I remember proudly displaying my bunny collection on my dresser up until I was 10 or 11, and then the bunnies went into a box.

I found my bunny collection not long ago and decided to start using it as Easter decor.  It's a bit kitchy, but I knew Cole wouldn't mind since the bunny may be her favorite animal (next to the narwhal, of course).  Having these bunnies out makes me think of my mom, too, and that's fun.

I'm going to keep this tradition alive by starting a bunny collection for Clementine this year.  Here are a few bunnies in the running to grace Clementine's Easter basket:

{bunny in shawl and gown, found here}

{tiny sky blue bunny and egg, found here}

{little brown and white rabbit, found here}

I think it'd be cool to include in Clementine's collection not just ceramic or wood bunnies but also knit or paper.  Maybe next year I'll have the time and gumption to make one for her!

1 comment:

  1. Kelly that's a wonderful tradition and memory you have of your mother. I love it. My vote goes to the bunny in shawl. :)

    ReplyDelete