5.04.2011

New Favorite Sub Shop

If you know me (and my sisters), you know that we're fairly obsessed with subs.

This past weekend, I had a particularly strong hankering for one.  My craving was not satisfied on Saturday, so on Sunday, in the midst of an epic walk from our place in Bernal Heights to Union Square (~6 miles when all was said and done), we were on the lookout for a sub shop.

As luck would have it, we found Miller's East Coast Deli on Polk Street.  And boy, did it satisfy my craving.

{Not the best pic of me, but you get an idea of the sandwich.}

I got a roast beef sub on a hoagie roll.  The roast beef was house-cooked and the roll was super soft and buttery.  Fixings included dill havarti, shredded lettuce, onions, tomatoes, mustard, and mayonnaise.  A nice big pickle came on the side, along with coleslaw.

Cole got half a tuna sandwich with potato salad and a cup of borscht.  Yum!

The sub was so huge--it could easily be shared by two people.  This is definitely a place I'd take visitors to.

1 comment: